lichess.org
Donate

Berserk -Mode on all games

Dear developer,

is it possible to add a Berserk-mode on all games? The halved time could benefit the player by additional R-Points (similar to the arena games) and it would also support practicing.

What does the ordinary folk is thinking about it? The ballot box is open.
One thing: unless you took the same amount of extra rating points gained by the winner off the loser, the ratings would surely inflate? I guess if you lose to someone who's beserking, maybe you should have more points taken off you, but what about the people that would hate this feature?
@ Caustic
I took this R-Point System in consideration too. Maybe it should be available as an add-on feature that, f both in a game are going to activate it, creates this berserk mode. If just one player is going to activate "Berserk" and the opponent don't, it jumps back to the normal rating system after 10 sec.
That makes practical sense, but isn't the whole point of berserk that you're gambling that you can do something in half your opponent's time? If you're both playing a berserk blitz game, it might as well be a bullet game for instance.
Yes, the berserk mode is made for this purpose and if both agree to this condition of game-play then there is nothing wrong with and to complain after. Yes, seems like "superhyperueberberserkblitz" but its available on all other type of games which would help a) to improve a players game play in regard to arena games (training and confidence) and b) it would increase the fun factor. Sometimes you just want to play "berserk", maybe if someone is complete screwed up too :D.
I see your point. I for one don't bother berserking, I need all the time I can get! :P I just think there are practical problems. But hey, if you can solve those, you might just have an idea.
I put my idea in cause this section is also made for "suggestions". I can't solve anything cuz I do not program lichess, just see and learn, plug in my head, lean back and watch it. I would appreciate such little features and maybe some too. Right now there is no developer/programmer comment yet. Why not have a test run and see how the acceptance is?
Berserking in all games is cool, but there shouldn't be a rating bonus. If you berserk, you should be required to say that you think you can do perfectly the same without the extra time as you could with it.
Good point, qkxwsm ...

Two options>
A) play "berserk" just for fun and the R-Points are the same.
B) "berserk" means double win/loss.

Dependent on the acceptance of each version. The point of double win/loss is a way better IMO because it generates a feature. A) can easily be achieved by just setting the clock to 1/3+0 (e.g.) from start. Not sure that it would attract many in return of nothing.
Btw, how to go "berserk" if your time setup is already 0 min +0 Increment?? :D Would love to see it... would even kill the botfolks.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.