lichess.org
Donate

The -500 +500 Rating Range Is Already Getting Very Annoying, Can We Please Change It?

You have no room for people to accept your games! I just think it's a bad rule, and you should let anyone from any rating accept your games if you prefer, like i do. And if you don't then you can add a rating restriction manually not having a very short rating range chart.
Tbh the only reason I could find that thibault “gave” was that it was whaT the other sites were doing...... which if it is a reason is a terrible one lichess should not copy other sites and be unique!
I don't think Lichess tries to copy other sites per say, but they are always proactive to prevent artificial rating increase. I assume this feature is about that.

But rather it was necessary to put limits on the rating when creating a game, or if it is helpful, or if artificial rating increase was even a problem... I don't know.

Personally I don't care.... I mean, if I wanted to play someone more than 500 points higher rating than me... I might as well play against a computer.
But I can understand that this new update is unpopular with some players.

@CalbernandHowbe do you have a link for that information?

However, it would be a nice feature if Lichess (in the top of a feedback section) had a highlighted tread about changes and server maintenance schedule. (Perhaps as an informational tread, no comments allowed, just a Lichess informational tread about changes and perhaps an explanation as to why and how now changes affect the site)
The only thing i'm saying is i don't see why this is any good. Lichess is supposed to be the more manual site where you set what you want but it has to be by you, now they're putting these rating restrictions :/
I don't see why this is any good. Lichess is supposed to be the more manual site where you set what you want but it has to be by you, now they're putting these rating restrictions. Rightly said @Savage_Cactus
<Comment deleted by user>
<Comment deleted by user>

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.